The Eurovelo and Cycle Tourism Conference will take place on 26 - 28 September in Hasselt, Belgium.
Capital of Taste
Hasselt: it's surprising how much variety there is within walking and cycling distance: concept stores in historical buildings, charming café terraces, culinary highlights, idyllic little squares, art galleries, street art, museums, oases of green... Incubators, campuses and creative hotspots all ensure professional vibes.
Business dinner, dining in gastronomic splendour with colleagues, team building on sunny terraces or in a trendy cocktail bar: the Hasselt wining and dining experience is high level. Indulging in food and drink is in the Hasselt genes. That's a good thing: because the affinity of business partners is determined in part...by their stomachs.
Hasselt is the jenever city of Belgium. Names such as Smeets and Wissels ring bells everywhere. Jenever is, as a matter of fact, trendier than ever. The American mixologist Jeffrey Morgenthaler rates the delicacy more highly than gin. Do the test in the Jenever Museum, or in one of the trendy cocktail bars that are experimentuing a lot with jenever.
Fine arts, architecture, design, music; they inspire and are all present in Hasselt in profusion. Ideal for swapping your business moments for a portion of creative stimulation. Let's be honest, you can always use some extra inspiration for your meeting, brainstorming session or conference.
Hasselt is always bubbling with ideas. An no, it is not only jenever. As a university city in the heart of the Euregion, Hasselt is always distilling more and more innovative ideas. A positive vibe, academic research, start-ups and incubators ensure a unique cross-pollination.
Phillips once invented the CD in Hasselt. Today, the former site of the electronics giant is a hotspot for innovative companies and start-ups. This bustling biotope is an inspiring place to strike root and to come up with ideas.
Hasselt is bustling and at the same time offers the necessary calm. The many green oases in and around the city are ideal for recharging your batteries after a day filled with professional challenges. But also for taking time out with your team or even becoming totally Zen.
Hasselt has a surprise effect: nowhere else you can find so much to experience in such a small area. The Kleine Ring with its Green Promenade has a radius of 800 metres. Therefore, you can easily explore everything on foot. But don't be mistaken: the possibilities are enormous. Whatever you are looking for, Hasselt has it.
- City trip factor - Hasselt is the fourth shopping city in Flanders.
- Creative factor - Hasselt is a fashion city and the street art city of Belgium.
- Culinary factor - Hasselt has the largest number of 'Jong Keukengeweld' chefs (translated as Young Kitchen Power Chefs) in Flanders.
- Zen factor - Hasselt has the largest authentic Japanese garden in Western Europe.
- Taste factor - Hasselt is home to the National Jenever Museum and is the cradle of the speculaas (traditional spiced biscuit).
- Hospitality factor - coffee and champagne bars, terraces, patisseries, chocolate houses, restaurants, cafés.
- Knowledge factor - Hasselt is a university city with numerous incubators and campuses.